Careers at Secondmind
Senior Frontend Engineer
Secondmind is the optimization engine for the software defined vehicle. From reducing design simulation time and calibration overhead, to continuously improving energy efficiency and performance throughout the vehicle lifecycle, Secondmind cloud-native advanced machine learning solutions help automotive engineers break through complexity barriers in vehicle design and development so they can design better cars faster and accelerate the transition to carbon-neutral mobility.
About the role
As a core member of our product development team, you’ll work hand-in-hand with UX designers, product managers, and fellow engineers to develop production-ready web applications, which include sophisticated data visualisation. As a skilled React developer with a proven record of delivering robust and secure front ends, you'll be part of a cross-functional, agile team, which is shaping the future of our flagship user interfaces.
What will you be responsible for?
Alongside our other senior frontend engineers, you will deliver web applications that are not only secure, scalable, fault-tolerant and performant but also intuitive and visually engaging.
By transforming complex datasets into compelling visual stories, your work will embody the cutting-edge nature of our automotive solutions.
With a methodical approach to automated tests, both unit and system, you will ensure a foundation of reliability, setting a benchmark for code integrity within the team.
Embracing ownership, you will be involved from conceptual design through deployment and beyond.
As a proactive voice in your team, you will elevate our collective expertise with your insights, driving the continuous enhancement of our processes and products.
By delivering consistently and frequently, as well as collaborating effectively with cross-functional partners, you will ensure our product development is finely tuned to our customers' needs.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do you need to succeed in this role?
- Commercial experience with the React framework and proficiency in TypeScript.
- A proven track record of delivering high-quality front ends to customers, involving sophisticated data visualisations, making use of charting libraries such as Chart.js or equivalent tools (D3.js, Recharts) and the ability to intuitively understand the data and customer problems.
- An advocate and implementer of industry best practices in frontend engineering including automated testing, using frameworks such as Jest and Playwright, or similar alternatives.
- A strong collaborator and communicator within a cross-functional team.
- Someone who owns their contribution from design, implementation and through testing, deployment and support.
- Familiarity with modern build tools and module bundlers like Vite, or similar (e.g. Webpack, Rollup).
- Familiarity with UI component libraries and theming tools, like Material-UI or similar.
- Familiarity with authentication systems, like Auth0 or alternatives.
- Familiarity with internationalisation frameworks like i18next.
- Familiarity with advanced state management techniques and tools (e.g. Redux or similar systems).
- Proficiency in version control systems like GitHub.
- Proficiency in translating Figma-based design prototypes.
- Exposure to CI systems such as Jenkins.
- Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes, and cloud platforms like Google Cloud Platform for scalable and resilient application deployment.
- Familiarity with Jira or analogous project management tools.
We offer a working environment that is inclusive, stimulates innovation and continuous learning, and that thrives on growth and change.
Our culture is underpinned by our values; they are what we stand for, part of our DNA. They help us to attract and retain the right talent and customers, help us make the right decisions and clarify how we should all behave and treat one another, they are:
- Delight every customer (Customers)
- No bar too high (Excellence)
- Give more than take (Sustainability)
- Make the impossible, possible (Innovation)
- Celebrate differences, act as one (Inclusion)
What we offer you
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
- Hybrid working approach within the UK
- Stock Options scheme (where applicable)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Dental Cash Plan
- Salary sacrifice electric bike-to-work scheme
- Cambridge Botanic Garden membership
- Shopping discount scheme
- Social events, away days, game nights and sports groups
- On-site gym
We are an equal opportunities employer, and aim to ensure all candidates are treated equally and fairly through the application process and beyond. We actively encourage applicants from under-represented backgrounds, and encourage our people to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work. If you require assistance or an accommodation through the interview process due to a disability, to apply for one of our roles, please contact our HR team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The office is based in Central Cambridge, UK.
We offer a hybrid working environment, with a flexible work schedule to support a work life balance within the UK.
Click here to view our Candidate Privacy Notice