Careers at Secondmind
Secondmind exists to help automotive innovators design better cars faster, and achieve greater sustainability through machine learning. We are driven by a desire to achieve sustainability in our operation and through the products we develop for our customers.
About the role
The People team play a key role in helping the business deliver their goals; from attracting and hiring the right people with the right skills, to nurturing the right culture that helps us to retain our talent. We’re a busy team and are constantly evolving and finding new ways to enhance our employee experience. Reporting into the People Director, you will act as the first point of contact for all people-related queries, provide coaching and advice to our managers, work closely with our Talent Acquisition lead, and own all aspects of the People team administration. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys using their initiative to own and improve how we do things, and who wishes to gain a breadth of experience across all things people.
What will you be responsible for?
Your role will include:
- Owning and advising on all aspects of our People Operations processes and procedures from holiday calculations, sickness, family leave, resignations etc.
- Supporting our people managers with guidance and advice on topics including UK employment law issues (performance issues, disciplinaries, grievances etc).
- Answering employee people related queries.
- Maintaining and monitoring our HRIS (BambooHR) to ensure our data is accurate and can drive decision making.
- Update and maintain internal people intranet page to encourage self service of information.
- Owning all administration relating to payroll preparation, benefits administration and stock options.
- Owning new hire administration including creating and updating contracts and offer letters.
- Analyse data and produce reports such as headcount, diversity information, sickness information and benefits uptake.
- Owning the Visa sponsorship application and maintenance process.
- Work closely with the People director and Talent Acquisition lead to support the delivery of the people strategy projects.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do you need to succeed in this role?
Ideally you will have strong HR administration/ coordination experience.
A good understanding of current employment law.
Excellent communication and organisational skills.
Excellent attention to detail.
Pro-active and able to demonstrate initiative.
A flexible attitude and willingness to learn.
Ability to work at speed whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
Knowledge of employment record keeping processes and procedures and basic employment including GDPR.
Previous experience of working with BambooHR.
Payroll administration experience.
CIPD Level 3 in HR Management.
Our culture / What we can offer you
We offer a working environment that is inclusive, stimulates innovation and continuous learning, and that thrives on growth and change.
Our culture is underpinned by our values; they are what we stand for, part of our DNA. They help us to attract and retain the right talent and customers, help us make the right decisions and clarify how we should all behave and treat one another, they are:
- Delight every customer (Customers)
- No bar too high (Excellence)
- Give more than take (Sustainability)
- Make the impossible, possible (Innovation)
- Celebrate differences, act as one (Inclusion)
In addition to a creative work environment that fosters innovation, we also offer a number of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
- Hybrid working approach within the UK
- Stock Options scheme (where applicable)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Salary sacrifice electric bike-to-work scheme
- Cambridge Botanic Garden membership
- Social events, away days, game nights and sports groups
We are an equal opportunities employer, and aim to ensure all candidates are treated equally and fairly through the application process and beyond. We actively encourage applicants from under-represented backgrounds, and encourage our people to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work. If you require assistance or an accommodation through the interview process due to a disability, to apply for one of our roles, please contact our HR team at: email@example.com.
The office is based in Central Cambridge, UK.
We offer a hybrid working environment, with a flexible work schedule to support a work life balance within the UK.
Click here to view our Candidate Privacy Notice