Careers at Secondmind
Business Development Lead - EMEA
Secondmind is the optimization engine for the software defined vehicle. From reducing design simulation time and calibration overhead, to continuously improving energy efficiency and performance throughout the vehicle lifecycle, Secondmind cloud-native advanced machine learning solutions help automotive engineers break through complexity barriers in vehicle design and development so they can design better cars faster and accelerate the transition to carbon-neutral mobility.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced, tech-savvy Business Development lead with deep familiarity and understanding of automotive R&D and production engineering practices. The ideal candidate will appreciate the potential of software and technologies like artificial intelligence to revolutionize automotive engineering and enjoy the challenge of supporting our customers and business partners to enhance their businesses and products through the adoption of next-generation tech.
- Develop and drive new business development initiatives for Secondmind within the EMEA automotive market.
- Establish and nurture long-term relationships with critical stakeholders and decision makers at car manufacturers, tier 1 suppliers, and engineering service companies in automotive design and development phases.
- Lead pre-sales process from initial contact to proof of concept, value assessment, contract negotiation and closure.
- Partner with product and customer success on go-to-market and pre-sales customer engagement strategies.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders from product and engineering to align business development strategy to constantly improve product offerings and engineer solutions to meet the specific needs of our automotive customers.
- Partner with marketing and product to develop and refine effective pre-sales presentations, demos and other marketing collateral.
- Engage with industry influencers, associations, and technology partners actively to establish partnerships and enhance product exposure and market reach.
- Represent Secondmind at industry events, trade shows, and conferences, promoting our products and engaging in networking with prospective customers and partners.
Skills and Expertise:
- Accrued business development experience in the automotive industry with connections in automotive design and development, R&D, and/or production engineering.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills capable of enhancing relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and external partners.
- Technically adept, with an understanding of product development processes and automotive development tool landscape specifics.
- Capacity to understand the technology, strategy and business objectives and be able to articulate the vision to various stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Extensive understanding of the automotive R&D landscape, including industry challenges, trends, and opportunities.
- An established network within car manufacturers, tier 1 suppliers, and engineering services companies with proven experience in taking the initiative to build strong, productive relationships.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills, along with strong business acumen, technical knowledge, and organizational abilities.
- An adaptable team player comfortable with working within an agile development environment.
- Dynamic and passionate about contributing to a fast-paced, high-performance startup environment.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in business development, sales, and application engineering roles within the automotive development domain.
- Experience entering new markets with early-stage software proofs of concept and prototypes, pre-sales and business development, negotiating contracts, and building robust, productive relationships.
- Experience with or understanding of machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies in a commercial setting is a plus but not essential.
- Master's degree or MBA is preferred, but not essential. However, a technical background in automotive design, production, and systems engineering is beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
- Hybrid working approach within the UK
- Stock Options scheme (where applicable)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Dental Cash Plan
- Salary sacrifice electric bike-to-work scheme
- Cambridge Botanic Garden membership
- Shopping discount scheme
- Social events, away days, game nights and sports groups
- On-site gym
We are an equal opportunities employer, and aim to ensure all candidates are treated equally and fairly through the application process and beyond. We actively encourage applicants from under-represented backgrounds, and encourage our people to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work. If you require assistance or an accommodation through the interview process due to a disability, to apply for one of our roles, please contact our HR team at: email@example.com.
The office is based in Central Cambridge, UK.
We offer a hybrid working environment, with a flexible work schedule to support a work life balance within the UK.